Popular posts

You Are What You Eat On Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Michael Maio is one of the coolest people alive. For those of you who have never met him, he's a senior at Fairfield (like me), studying theater. And not only is he a fantastic actor, he kicks butt at make-up! Soon, I will be posting pictures from the shoot, and man, you should see my zombies. They were absolutely fantastic...I wish I had gotten to film the looks on students' faces when they walked through our staging area (that's what you get for walking onto a closed set)!!

Shooting went really well. The make-up and costumes looked great, the fantastic Mike Henaghan held a heavy camera for over 6 hours and never complained, and the PepsiCo basement has never looked creepier! Directing was a very fun experience, although a bit nerve-wracking. I must give another shout-out to Michael Maio, as most of my directing technique was picked up from watching him direct improv troops with YMDI! Everyone, cast and crew, was very willing to work with me and put up with a lot of weirdness, which made my job much easier.

Unfortunately, we are not wrapped on the film as we had planned to be today. And while campus is closed for snow removal tomorrow, my producer has made the very wise decision NOT to try to throw together a second day of shooting on 4 hours notice, so we will finish the shoot next Monday, President's Day - again no classes.
My assignment before that day? Re-write pretty much every scene we were supposed to shoot from an outside location to an inside location...since writing was the most difficult part of pre-production for me, this oughta be interesting! I have two days to get new locations to my producer. The clock is ticking...

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments