Popular posts

You Are What You Eat On Monday, March 25, 2013

While going through my sound reports as part of the editing process, I came across these beautiful gems from my audio engineer, Ricky Haas (a.k.a. Richard L. Haas III), describing the quality of the audio recording for each shot. Not only do many of them feature vocabulary that I would not typically relate to sound recording, they reveal a full-throttle wit and willingness to have fun! They brought a smile to my face during the tedious editing process, so I decided I had to share them with you, dear reader:

Scene | Take | Remarks
BB      3         "Way Better Dude"      ...and indeed, it does get better!
BB2    1         "Tasteful"
BB2    3         "Pristine and Beautiful, like an Arctic Glacier"
BB2    5         "Fan-freaking-tastic; potentially 'da best"
Broll   1         "Hysterically wonderful"
Broll   2         "Brilliant, in the way British people describe awesomeness"
B1      6         "Not bad, as the Obama meme says"
Room tone    "Way better, virtually sound (pun intended!)"

And of course, my favorite sequence...

BA1   3         "If this take was my child, I'd be proud of it"
BA1   4         "Good; as compared to the last take, this is my niece"
BA1   5         "Rivals take 3; let's call this "Gary Oak""

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments